#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 09:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/152/125 Female 65
BF:???
Progress: -8%
Default A few tips from a long-time athlete

Hi all,

no, i am in no way qualified to give advice, but i am an athlete in college (division I in NCAA) and so i thought some people out there might be interested in a few things, since I noticed in posts a lot of people have never ever worked out.

First of all, you should do some combo of cardio AND resistance training. Don't weight train everyday, every other day is the MOST (and this includes abs... we have GREAT strength trainers at school and they will DRILL this into you)

Cardio in the AM if possible, (or 3 hours fasting if not), wait one hour to eat afterwords to increase fat burn.

To make the MOST of your weight training you should get a book, like body-for-life, or a personal trainer, or SOMETHING that clearly outlines a training regime, and proper technique. YOu need to go slow on each rep, concentrating on contracting the muscles you are targeting and breathing in and out.

DOn't wait more that 30second to a minute between sets, this will keep your heart rate up.

Also, with the girls on my team at school, the biggest thing i notice is that a lot of people just are not INTENSE in their effort. I am a 21 yr old GIRLY girl and i GRUNT at the gym! Talking positively to yourself will really help. That last rep should take all inner strength! (I talk to the dumbells... in my head! like "you aren't going to beat me... your just a dumb-bell you only weigh half as much as i do...)

Also, I have never really seen anyone have amazing results doing so called "toning" style lifting or abs. You can do 60 crunchtype exercises and get more result than doing 500 a day. To change body shape you need to break down your muscles, rest them, and rebuild. Its a continual process. I live by the 12-10-8-super set method of lifting, i have great strength coaches at school, and at 5'6" i lift more than most guys I know!!! if you have any question PM me...

OH and Drink water (lots like 200 oz a day), plan plan plan, track your progress, and measure as well as weigh yourself
Sponsored Links