View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 07:22

Plan: atkins, sommersize, schwarzbein
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thank you everyone, and more questions....

Thanks so much for all of your replies & support in my crazy situation.
It's nice to know at least, that I'm not alone (sometimes I think it's all in my head!), many of you have gone through the same things. Interestingly, after reading everything I got from the endo, on their reciept under diagnosis, it says "Fluid Retention" (the only place they could be talking about is my stomach! Is my FAT actually FLUID???), and "Hypothyroid" ...(i think they meant it was originally suspected, but ruled out). They found a goiter (enlarged thyroid), but said this was very common. When I was 12 yrs old, I was on thyroid meds but quit taking them on my own at age 16...SO, the hypothyroid DOES make sense...but the tests show normal..urgh! I think I will try ONE MORE endo, it's a lady so MAYBE she'll know something. I think the last endo checked for PCO's, but as you all are saying, the tests could show normal. I am on Micronor birth control pills....have been for many years with no problems until now.
As for what books/diet I'm following, I read Dr S's first book, plus the Atkin's & Suzanne Somers books. I plan to get the Menopause book by Dr. Lee next ($$ is kinda tight, and the library can't get Dr S's 2nd book, it's too new). I'm basically following a low carb (no processed foods), eat TONS of salads, lots of chicken, fish, veggies, etc. Okay...and to be honest here....I do drink 2-3 glasses of wine before bed...BUT...before ya all attack me...haha...I gave the wine up for a while, and STILL no results, so I really don't think that's the problem. In view of 2 yrs without periods, etc...I REALLY think I have something mysterious going on here. Recently the scale shows that I lost 6 lbs, but yet my stomach gained 1 inch! This is so confusing!