Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/196/150 Female 5'8" inches
BF:beaucoup
Progress: 30%

Hi, Gez. Thanks so much for your note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleika
Is your user-name goddess-like or is that just what it reminds me of in French?

Sort of, actually. My initials are DS which as you must know is pronounced in French like déesse but I wasn't sure if the accent would display correctly (sometimes the bits get chopped depending on the character set used) But deesse looks funny and rhymes with geese in English, so I threw in an 'i' for the pronunciation. Sorry you asked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleika
Talking of French, I loved what you said about living the French Paradox.

It's so completely true. Around 1987, after I got back to the US from France--where I'm sure I ate more than I ever had in my life--I weighed 140 lbs and wore bikinis to the beach. But it was the height of the low-fat craze at home. Surrounded by words of wisdom like "You can eat all the popcorn you want as long as you don't put butter on it," what's a girl to do? In spite of that, I did okay until I moved to New York where I knew no one and was too busy surviving to think about what I ate.

Quote:
I lived there a couple of years but I was lonely and lodging with an English couple and eat lots and lots of chocolate and bread/croissant breakfasts with orange juice and put on 14 pounds or so.

I hear you. Lonliness was my undoing. I don't ever want to go there again.

Quote:
(I found love; it helped! )

Funny, I found love and then gained a little more weight because we eat--er, ate--so much pasta, all the while thinking that was supposed to be good for me. Then I just sort of stabilized at around 210-215. Ugh.

Quote:
Have you thought of starting a journal? I shall look out for it in case you do.

I've been thinking about it. Now, maybe I just will.

Thanks so much for the encouragement and good wishes.

Dorothy