View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 26%

Hi!
I have been using fitday.com to track my food since I started doing LC. I found it very helpful, especially since i have to watch the temptation to eat too little.
I have a past history of severe dieting, like several bouts of 500 calories a day for months at a time. Which is NOT the way to lose weight and keep it off. It is not healthy, and the weight loss doesn't last, and then you gain even more when you do start eating normally again, as your body thinks it is starving.

IF I don't eat enough, especially enough carbs, then the cravings start.

I have lost a lot of weight in the past 2 weeks, so I am increasing my carbs a bit, and increasing calories.
I am a rather large woman, so I have to eat enough calories that I don't go into starvation mode.
I think that some of the dramatic weight loss is because I bloat when I eat wheat and I have been eating wheat for months again, even though it would only be 2 or three slices of bread a day, or a hamburger bun, it still causes me to bloat. So I am pretty sure that a lot of this is just excess water my body was storing and I am sure that the rate of loss will slow, and yet stay steady and on going.

Rena