#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/130/130 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default new to forum

Hi, My husband I started on Atkins together on January 1, 2003. We started planning about 2 weeks before and donated all high carb and junk food items to the food pantry. Went to the grocery stores and stocked up on foods that Atkins induction allowed. We also decided that when our two week induction was up to continue the induction for a longer period of time. My husband lost weight faster than I did, which made me a target of teasing. We had many stalls including one from aspartamine that was in sugar free jello. Which is no longer a part of our diet. We had a hard time in the beginning of eating low carb-high fat. All the low fat low calorie mentality that was branded in our brains from years of brain washing by doctors who thought they knew what they were talking about. But we set our sites on this plan and was determined to make it work and it has. My husband still has some weight to loose I am in maintance. Or at least was until we were involed in an accident which result in the fracture of my lower tibia and fibia in my left leg. Actually shatted the bones would be a better discription. I am in the beginning of recovery right now and am still bed ridden.
I am very glad to be part of low carbing and this forum and hope to an asset here.
Sponsored Links