View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232.5/220.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 12%

I was on Weight Watchers with my husband from 3/03 - 7/15/03. My husband was diagnosed with diabetes, and the doctor said the weight has to come off. We tried Weight Watchers first. I lost 15 lbs in 17 weeks, however, I was always hungry (probably because I filled my stomach with pasta, potatoes and low-fat bread). My husband lost 6 lbs total, and was miserable. He craved protein something fierce.

Since we have to find a lifestyle that we both can live with, he asked me to switch gears and try Atkins. He was a good sport and lived with Weight Watchers for 17 weeks, I agreed to try Atkins for the same amount of time. Have to tell you, Atkins seem much easier to me. I'm not hungry all the time. I feel like I'm eating more. I have more energy. I'm exercising for the first time in a looooong time. My husband has lost 9 lbs so far (in two weeks!) and I've lost 4, and we haven't suffered. My husband is thrilled.

The only downfall (?) is that I find I am focusing on food too much. Much like Weight Watchers, I've found that in order to be completely honest to the program, I have to journal every day. My husband doesn't do this though, and he's doing fine (probably because I make all the meals!). Once I learn all the carb values, perhaps I'll be able to make a mental tally and stop journalling, but until then, I'll happily journal as long as the weight continues to drop!

Hope this helps.
Nancy