View Single Post
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 17:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Morgan, that's some signature!!

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone else gaining 7 frickin' pounds from a damn piece of wedding cake either.

Here's the dilemma:

1. The plane tickets alone are costing us some ungodly some (we live on the West Coast). The dinner's probably gonna run $500. So it's a VERY special occasion -- definitely not the kind of thing we would do every month, or even every year.

2. I don't eat meat, so there's going to be very little OTHER than pasta I can eat at this Italian restaurant.

3. I know that I am not going to live the rest of my life without eating a single plate of pasta ever again. Someday, somewhere, I WILL eat a plate of pasta. I just like it too much to forego it forever.

So, taking all those factors together, it seems like it makes sense to ensure that when I do eventually eat pasta, that plate of pasta is AMAZING. And, as far as I can tell from all the food critics, this restaurant is amazing. (We made reservations a month in advance, and the only table they had left was for 11:15 p.m.)

But then again . . . . seven pounds is a lot of weight. Atkins says one carb binge can set you back a week -- seven pounds would set me back like, two months.