#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232.5/220.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Question about Coffee/Splenda

Hello all,

I've been lurking in the forum for a little over a week now, and have found all of you to be so helpful! The information you give is great, and the support appears to be invaluable. I look forward to jumping in to see what I've missed each morning. It's like a little family and unlike any of the other forums I've been to. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Okay, mushy stuff done. :-) My question is in regards to coffee. In one of the carb counter books I have, it says that a 6 oz. cup of coffee should be counted as 1 carb. True/False? Any help would be appreciated.

One second question is about Splenda. I understand that each packet is to be counted as 1 carb, but is the liquid Splenda in diet colas such as Diet Rite a carb as well?

I look forward to your responses. I'm a coffee person, but have switched to decaf (it wasn't easy!), and limit myself to 2 cups each morning. I sweeten my coffee with a splenda, so just my morning coffee, if I count the coffee as a point a piece, is four points! I'll cut back if I have to, but it's my special time and I'm reluctant to give it up.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links