View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:39

Plan: Suzzane Somers
Stats: 247.5/191.5/125 Female 66in
BF:40%/31%/20%
Progress: 46%

Cheese can help with these kinds of cravings. Also, one thing that works for me is drinking flavored decaffinated coffee with heavy cream and using Atkins flavored syrup for sweetness (because the syrup is zero carb, as opposed to any other non-sugar sweetener you could use). That tends to satisfy my sweet tooth. If those things don't work for you, and you find you absolutely _have_ to have a sweet, I strongly suggest going out and getting some sugarless candy. Heh, I keep saying this, but I guess it's because for me it really works... sugarless candy may cause a stall on your diet, but it's much, much, MUCH better than the alternatives. Atkins makes a variety of candy bars and candy manufaturers also sometimes make sugarless versions of thier popular candies. (ex: sugarless Reese's peanut butter cups, sugarless Hershey's chocolate, sugarless Jelly Belly's, etc.) Even though these things aren't strictly kosher while on Atkins induction, it's far better than eating refined sugar. I don't even feel guilty when I eat those kinds of treats, kosher or not.

Hope this helps.