View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 02:28
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/350/150 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: -32%

Just stick in there and do the basics, you were in the army so you know the basics. IT WILL COME OFF. As long as you keep following the basics.
Some people follow induction for months, but I have found that if you ease up on the induction restrictions (still keeping under 30 carbs a day), it is okay to add in ANY food you like. I don't really count carbs anymore, BUT I know about what most foods that I eat have in them. If each meal has less than 8 carbs, and a couple of snacks at 1 or 2 carbs each keeps me under 30. Some days I probably get less than 15, but some usualy I get around 20. This does not mean you can eat 30 carbs at 1 meal, but if each meal is under 10, you are spreading the carbs over the day and won't have that large of an insulin response.

In the last month I have seen a slow down in my weight loss, but I am drinking more alcohol than I should, and probably more calories (I got a new gas grill and love big steaks). BUT I am still losing...its down to about a pound a week, but with the amount of food I have been consuming, I AM STILL LOSING.

The plan works, everyone has ups and downs on their weight loss. Just give it more time.

And if you look around you can find some low carb alternatives to some traditional foods, fruits like strawberies, musk melon, and cantelope are good additions to make you eating more pleasurable. Or there are many low carb bread alternatives. I just found a low carb bread from Natural Ovens Bakeries that has only 3 carbs a slice. You can have your bacon and eggs with a slice of toast and still be OK, or shred up some radishes or daikon for a hashbrown like side dish for breakfast.

You can do this.
With just a little bit of work, low carb can do wonders.
Stick with it.