#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 01:08

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%
Smile Hi, All - New to CALP

Hi, everyone,
I'm new to your bb, and new to this WOE. I sat down and read many of your threads here to see how people are doing on CAD/CALP. Today was Day 1 for me. I am an Atkins "refugee" - it actually made my blood sugar plummet (below 60), even in the Ongoing WL stage. My Dr. and I were both hoping for the opposite effect. After 5 weeks, my weight loss was negligible (4 lbs). The migraines from the hypoglycemia were horrible. The constipation was amazing. I realized how awful it was making me feel (hard to think with such low blood sugar). So, I went out this weekend and bought both CAD and CALP, and devoured them. I appear to be a moderate carb addict.

For the very first day of this WOE, I am extremely happy to report that my blood sugar stayed above 80 all day long. It even hit 100 this evening (all measures are 2 hours after finishing eating). It looks like the differences from Atkins are enough to keep me from going super-hypoglycemic, and I plan to give this a really good try. I am hoping to lose 46 more pounds, and I think it will be easier with better glucose levels. I plan to be careful at my RM with the "quality" of carbs I add. I want to get a handle on this hypoglycemia before it becomes diabetes.

This forum looked like a friendly place to get well-informed, well-intentioned support. I hope I can contribute in a positive way here. I've printed off Zuleika's CAD/CALP Cheat Sheet, and I'm ready to go! Now all I have to do is figure out how this forum works!
Sponsored Links