#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 13:06

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpf2000
How much do people tend to fluctuate from one morning to anyother. I am 3 poudns heavier today than I was Thursday and I am not carb loading. Should I question my 6 pound loss I though I had the first week?

-Stephen

Walk over to the trash can, open it, and drop your scale in there

The best way to see progress is to rely on body fat measurements and/or how your clothes feel. The scale will only confuse you and frustrate you.......

An example is according to the scale I "gained" 8 pounds during my carb load. Now to gain that much REAL weight during 24 hours is impossible........its all water weight gain which I will use up PLUS some during the coming week.

Also since you are new to lifting weights you will gain muscle AND lose fat so you might actually gain scale weight but lose body fat.

Id suggest at most weighing in once a week and under the same conditions, the best way for me is right when I wake up on the same day and after Ive "evacuated". If possible you might want to have your trainer do your body fat and measurements once a week, once every 2 weeks, or once a month. I have mine done every Friday before my carb up.