View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 23:22
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

According to Atkins review of the Zone, he's supportive of it and states it is much like Atkins maintanance in the percentages. You can lose weight on it, but it will be much slower.

I have a few zone books and really like the look of the diet, however the measuring seems tedious to me. Also while they encourage good carbs, they let you choose what ever you want for your carb alotment including junk foods. If you are feeling hungry on Atkins and eating alot of calories, you may want to up the fat percentage. Remember Atkins is a high fat diet, not high protien. When I first started I watched my calories as well as carbs. Now I find I have problems getting in enough calories, even with 3 meals a day plus one or two snacks.

Any diet, no matter if the Zone or Atkins, it's about making wise food choices. You can spend your carbs and calories on sugery starchy foods, or have a ton of filling veggies. By discovering your lean mass and protien requirments you can keep from going way over on the protien and adding in alot of calories for only a little amount.