View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 10:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins off and on
Stats: 317/163/150 Female 66
BF:"I'm melting!"
Progress: 92%

Ah, your hubby was another one who didn't stay in, huh? I was a Hospital Corpsman, and we'd watch the excellent doctors get out and the, ah, less satisfactory ones stay in. It always seemed that way, to me personally anyway, most of the good ones left and the 'others' made it their careers. I'm sure your hubby might agree.

Well, the fools, Chief's board in DC, made the mistake of promoting the anchors onto my collar. What? They didn't think I'd use them? Tsk tsk tsk. I didn't have a choice with junior females coming up to me asking, "Chief, what if it's me next?" Both rapes occurred in our barracks over seas. So, although I used the 1-800-HOT-LINE number anonymously, I should have kept my opinions to myself? That as well as the fact that they had assigned me to conduct the investigation into one of the cases, so I got to see how unjust the whole thing was and that nothing, not a darn thing, was done to the perp. Yes, I am opinionated and speak my mind, I suppose it wasn't hard to figure out who had done the deed and cost my CO his Admiral stripes! But, I'd do it no differently if I could choose again, other than buy a muzzle.

But that's water under the ship (pun intended)!

Now it's the REAL world I'm in and REAL life I'm in the battle to win. I've just got handed another HUGE blow in my life a couple of weeks ago. What a rude awakening to reality and a punch in the chest! Now I have to watch it so I don't fall back and lose my momentum, which I've already noticed I've been doing these last 3 months when my future dreams were shattered without any forewarning. It's another reason I need to sit on this board and keep focused on my personal goal. There's only one person I've realized I can trust and count on in my life ... and that's ME with God's help!

So, I'm off and hopping around the board to distract myself now.