Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 09:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins off and on
Stats: 317/163/150 Female 66
BF:"I'm melting!"
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncthomas
Do any of you have kids? My husband and I are both on this woe and dont' want to deprive the kids of goodies, but would it be wise to do away with them (the goodies, not the kids) all together?

YES YES YES dncthomas! My daughter has always been petit, never a chubby thing, but as I realized I had to finally clean myself up, she HAD TO BECOME part of it as well.

She already had natural instinctive traits (only eats the meat and saves buns for the birds, all sauces on the side, loves veggies, etc). I don't keep sweets in the house, no chips/dips, no sodas. We drink water or seltzer water with our meals and occasionally I'll get some Snapple Iced Teas for her. Lots of fruits are her snacks as they're sweet anyway. I made sure just not fresh fruits, but canned and 'snackables' as well.

Kids WILL ADJUST to whatever you have, that's a fact. They may not like it and be vocal, but they will adjust when there's no choice. This is where you, THE PARENT, make the changes and they abide by them. How many other things must we as parents choose for them and they don't like it? Many things. This will be only temporary, in severe moderation only, until you and the hubby get back down, and maybe by then they'll be living better because of it as well. Then you can reintroduce some of the indulgences back into the house ... WITH MODERATION. They'll learn good things that will last a lifetime for them watching their parents do it right.

Good luck!