#12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 09:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins off and on
Stats: 317/163/150 Female 66
BF:"I'm melting!"
Progress: 92%
Talking hello hello hello!

Hello grammyrene! I'm new here myself, just signed up yesterday.

I've been up over that 200 marker, so I know where you're at. Hang in there. As far as not liking excercise, might I suggest something you've probably heard over and over before? Just walk. I started out at 317 and knew it wasn't safe for me to do ANYTHING else but walk. That is what got my metabolism going. Find a local track, or in my case, there was a local reseivoir that had a 5 mile track/trail around it. I did that once a week in the beginning, then twice/weekly and stepped it up as I had time and as weather permitted. Now, I run 2-3 miles of it and walk the rest.

As far as will power, just remember the line that I thought every time I was thinking of putting something in my mouth ... "Be careful of your choices, for you will become your choice." It's a mind set, wanting something more than the other. Another thing I'd think as I was contemplating was that the 'food' was only a temporary something that I was, and pardon me for this but this thought helped me decided, something I was only going to flush away in a couple of days anyway. Then I'd factor in $$$ thoughts and began not buying stuff to be in the house anyway.

I am a single Mom living with a 10 year old daughter who learned, through me, that the best sweet snack foods in the world are 'God's candy' ... fruit (that's what my Grandfather called it). I always had apples, oranges, strawberries, etc here for her to choose from.

If you want, you can add me to your list. I can talk a storm, woops, and don't mind helping someone else along.

Keep the faith.