Thread: help again
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 02:35

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Firstly Fiona take a deep breath and stop worrying.

What you are experiencing is quite common and nothing to worry about. You only have 27 pounds to lose and during induction they reckon on losing around 10% of that which is only 3 pounds, so having lost 2 pounds you are doing great.

The fact that the ketosticks do not seem to register that you are in ketosis is nothing to worry about. Mine every showed a trace anyway and it has not stopped me losing weight. In fact in most other plans no one worries about the ketosis angle at all.

I think that you are eating enough. You should have around 10 times your body weight a day, so eat around 1700 calories a day. You might want to check them in www.fitday.com to reassure yourself. If the calories appear high then reducing the cream might be a good idea. I only have 2 cups of coffee a day and now drink it black. Cream to me is a treat.

Keep the faith and give it time. You do not seem to be doing anything wrong. We are all different and lose weight at different rates. If you do a search on people who have not lost anything in induction you will find quite a lot of threads.