#11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 18:17

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by feather
Why don't you get them to plan and prepare a meal once a week (that's two days off a week for you). They can make what they like BUT they must make something that you can eat as well.

Excellent idea! Boys need to learn to cook for themselves as well as girls and when they still live at home is the perfect time to teach them. It also teaches them how to plan and prepare healthy meals.
I plan to do this with my own girls as they get older and I'm starting now with teaching them how to read recipes and how to measure ingredients (they made banana bread last weekend with my supervision). Even now, they are responsible for making and packing their own lunches for school (supervised, of course...otherwise it would be all treats and no real food even now). When they get a bit older, I plan to have them each be responsible for one family meal per week. They can make anything they want (within reason), but they have to find the recipe, make the list of ingredients they need and let me know what I need to put on my grocery list for them to make their meal.
They learn how to plan a meal and cook it and I get a break from cooking 2 nights a week...what a deal!