View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 16:52
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Shadow, thanks for the correction. The bookstores around here don't carry either book (and for some reason, the public library doesn't, either), so I haven't been able to take a look at them. Now I know which one to order from Amazon.

And skee, glad you had a good day today. I read on another post that you have a 7 year old--so do I! They have boundless energy, don't they? It's hard to keep up.

I tried an experiment today by eating a hamburger (minus roll, of course) for lunch. Usually I avoid red meats, because of the AA and even more because I don't tend to like them, but I've been having a problem with excess hunger lately, and was wondering whether it would help. And it did--ate a 4 ounce, very lean, patty, and wasn't hungry again until dinner. So I have a question for you, Shadow, as my PP guru. The Eades talk about marinating steaks in wine and olive oil overnight as a way of reducing some of the AA and replacing it with monounsaturated fats. Do you think this would work with ground meat--let's say, pre-formed patties, so the surface area would be large enough? Or would it completely ruin the texture? Also, what about pork (cutlets, chops)? That's not considered a red meat, is it? Does pork have a lot of AA, and would it call for the same kind of marinating?

Of course what I really want to eat is my garage peanut butter. But I just snuck out there for a bite and it looks as if DH has gotten into my stash.

Thanks for your help!