View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 16:32

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Pcos?

Cadillac, how long have you been on TSP? Your symptoms sound a lot like PCOS (no periods for 2 years). I went for up to 3 years between periods before I started low-carbing. Just before I started TSP, my hormones were tested. I started TSP, then went to see my internist, who had ordered the tests, for my results. She said I did not have PCOS (I knew I did, so I was rather upset) because my hormones were all in the "normal" range, but that I was pre-diabetic or diabetic.

But then I went to see a gynocologist. She knew what she was looking at. It turns out that you can have PCOS and still have levels in the "normal" range. Mine were mostly in the high or low end of "normal."

When I went to the doctor, I thought I was going to have to have an hysterectomy due to constant bleeding (the opposite of what I had been suffering for the previous 29 years or so). My gyn told me not to worry (no hysterectomy, no menopause, just PCOS) and "OK'd" my low-carbing.

About 6 months after starting TSP, I went off the pill I was put on to "regulate" my periods and I've been having regular periods since then.

It sounds to me like you "simply" have insulin resistance (symptoms include: gaining weight around the middle, disrupted hormones that cause menstrual irregularities like PCOS, CHD, diabetes, etc.). Give yourself time on TSP to heal. I know it works. But don't expect it to happen over night.

;-Deb