View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well. Calm down! I didn't mean that I'm not eating meat. I was talking about meat fat only.

As I mentioned in several of my posts, proteins are not all the same and meat is the best source of protein which our bodies need. I eat plenty of grilled steak, broiled chicken, salmon, ..etc.

In order to get enough fat for my diet, I was forcing myself to eat the meat fat. Now I'm not doing this anymore. I eat lean meat and get the rest of the fat I need from nuts.

When you say "total cholesterol has never been proven to cause heart disease even though the US government has spent hundreds of millions of dollars over the last 40 years trying to prove it.", this is where I disagree with you. Government conspiracy is nothing that I can take seriously.

There are people who blame the government for many things. Some say that they are secretly in contact with other species from the outer space and some say that man has never been on the moon, it was all done inside a studio somewhere in the Navada desert! To me all this is only good for entertainment.

The government has no reason to prove to anybody that cholesterol is harmful if it was not. Additionally, despite all my respect of Dr. Atkins and gratitude for his diet, you must know that he has had the same education all his fellow doctors in the US and the rest of the world have.

Since I started this diet I have been working hard to find a way to make Dr. Atkins' theory and the FDA's coexist together and I found a way.

Dr. Atkins has studied a condition which has been rarely studied before. Before Atkins, only diabetic patients needed to reduce their carbohydrate intake. Most diabetic patients reduce their carb. intake to 100 grams plus or minus.

Whenever we reduce our carb. intake to under 40 grams, we set our metabolism into a rare state which has not been thoroughly studied before.

The metabolization of fat requires some carbohydrate. Without carbohydrate the metabolization process ends midway producing ketones. Dr. Atkins has used this principal to create his diet which we all agree is the best.

Additionally, we have all noticed that under this state, fats do not harm us. Some assume that fats have never been harmful to start with. It has been all a government conspiracy. I believe that fat is just as harmful as the gevernment sees, except that the harm does not apply to us.

Lately, I have been questioning only one item "Are we sure that cholesterol cannot affect us too or we need to be cautious?", this is how this conversation started.

sam