View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 09:42

Plan: no more than 20 gm of carbs/day
Stats: 265/255/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:LOTS!/??/Much less
Progress: 9%

265/10.5/3.5wks/no cheating

OK, I'm new at this obviously^, but I've got another question for those of you that have been doing this WOL for a while:

Does you body/metabolism "adjust" to the very low amount of carbs you are eating & then make it next to impossible to add any without gaining once you have lost the majority of the weight you were looking to lose?

That has been my experience in the past with low cal/low fat diets---now, I know this WOL is different, that's why I'm doing it but, I NEED to know if my body will EVER let me go above 20g carbs/day again without gaining weight!

I am just doing "Low Carb"--no actual plan, I don't allow myself anything that has more than 2-3 carbs/serving, and even "rounding up" things that have <1g carb, I am usually well below my 20g carb for the day. Based on my past experience---after losing 85 lbs on low cal/low fat diet--and gaining if I ate more than 700 cals/day!---do you guys/gals think that I may be being too restrictive? After all, I if this stops working, I can't cut back (on carbs) any further than I already am! Or, am I right on target?

Please help, I've got a LOOONG way to go and I want to do it right!!!

Thanks, Oh Wonderful & Informative Board!