#13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 04:39
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Hi, Zonecoach,
Finally got a chance after a very hectic day yesterday to get back to answer your post.
Giving up the fruit will be hard----I don't mind the sacrifice if it means losing the weight, but I'll just have to build some new plans without it, especially since I've been eating cottage cheese w/fruit for lunch every day forever (it seems). I'll begin working toward it, 'cause I am dead stuck at this weight and getting mad. I do drink all my water, religiously.
I know the walnuts aren't on the favorable list but thought I could have unfavorable choices as long as I don't let them dominate. Will switch to almonds while trying to lose and use my walnuts again when I'm at maintenance. I just keep reading that they have such good fats in them; and they are something I crave----who knows why.
I'm pretty sure 11 blocks is where I belong. I figure (using two different methods----the book and the Tanita scale) I have about 105-107 1b. of LBM. I figure my activity level at .7: I walk 30 minutes at 4. mph or better most days of the week. And other than that, I am either sitting at work (I'm on what is supposedly summer vacation, as a teacher, but which actually has ended up being schoolwork both in school at meetings and workshops or schoolwork at home on the computer), or gardening, painting, house projects at home. I'm not a couch potato type; tend to still be busy with something into the evening etc., but not real athletic either.
You mentioned posting some menus of your own; I'll keep looking for them as I continue reading through the back postings. That might give me some new inspirations on how to emphasize the veggies and reduce the fruit. In the meantime, I'm going to drop one carb and add a fat for a few days. If that doesn't get things going --- 'cause I've already tried adding a second 30 minute walk here and there when I could get it into the schedule----I may try a fat fast for a few days. What's your opinion on that, or do you have other suggestions that might work. Because, essentially, I weigh today exactly what I did after the first 5 days of getting back on the Zone program several weeks ago. Ughh!
Thanks!