Thread: Atkins Buddy
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 21:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi, ehill, nice to meet you. You'll make a lot of buddies and find a lot of support on this forum, starting right now with this message! One thing I would suggest--- and you will hear this from many others--- is that you immediately (1) sign up on fitday.com so you can keep a list of your adily food intake, and (2) start a journal here, on lowcarber.org even if you feel you don't have too much to add during the first few days.

The fitday.com registration is free and will help you keep track of your percentages of fat/carbs/protein. I usually record my daily intake on fitday, copy it, and post it to my journal here at lowcarber.org at the end of the day. It's very helpful because others can visit you in your journal here and make suggestions based on what you are eating.

Your journal here on lowcarber will be your own diary. It allows others to post messages to you, cheer you on at a more personal level--- in short, it will be the medium for your support system.

Both of these tools help me tremendously. As you will see if you click on the "journal" icon on any given forum/journal participant, you can follow others' progress, gripes, trials and tribulations. You can also scroll down and find people whose goals are similar to your own, and start reading their journals.

To see how this works, why not visit my journal and post a reply? If you have a journal open, I'll answer you back.

Good luck.

Whammy