Thread: Atkins Buddy
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 21:06

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

You have made it through the first day, thats is a great start! The next 2-3 may be a bit rough (cravings), just remember what foods are allowed on induction and use those for snacks if needed.

As far as buddies, we don't mix with people in Alaska. Just kidding.

While a buddy is always good, everybody here will give you support and help in anyway possible. You have found the best place for support.

Just stick to the plan, and remember most people will only lose about 10% of the weight during the first two weeks - but everybody is different. Stick to the plan, give it time and let your body adjust to this new Way of Life (WOL).

Oh, and drinks LOTS and LOTS of water to keep the process running smoothly. I'm drinking between 120-140ozs per day, but I'm a big guy. Many here try to drink around 100ozs each day.

Also as your body adjusts and you start to feel better, you need to start exercisizing. I will really enhance rate at which you lose weight.

It would also be a good idea to take measurements (bust, thigh, waist, arms, etc) as you may hit periods where your weight loss stalls but your measurments continue to shrink.

And It is always a good idea to setup an account on Fitday.com (its Free) and enter your meals. It is a good tool for finding hidden carbs and when you ask people for advice the first thing they will want to see is your current menu.

Sounds like a lot but it really isn't. Just take it one day at a time.

Oh, and welcome aboard.
Rick