View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 14:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

hehehe
Finally went in to Boots today to ask for the killer sticks and guess what i was refused!!
It started off ok the woman said good morning how can i help you, then i asked for the sticks and got a stern 'WHY DO YOU WANT THEM?'
Kept a straight face (should of been an actress) and said well i only know of one use for them, what else would i want them for.
Then got told they were prescription only but i could get them at another chemist. Asked her why i could get them from another chemist over the counter but not there and she said because they only allow people to have them on prescription. Still keeping a straight face i asked her again why i could only have them on prescription and she said they only sell them on prescription and that she didn't know why (Yeah right!)

I then accused Boots of trying to make a profit out of diabetic people, as obviously a prescription is a lot dearer than the sticks. The woman said that this wasn't true as all Diabetics get free prescriptions which i know for a fact isn't true. Only diabetics that have to inject insulin get free prescriptions, the majority of diabetics are tablet or diet controlled and they do not get free prescriptions, told her this but it didn't make any difference. Also said that i think refusing to sell the sticks over the counter was damn right dangerous.
Anyway the woman wasn't gonna sell me the sticks so i told her i will be taking the matter further. Going to leave it a few days then go back in and speak to the pharmacist armed with the information Lisa got, and demand to know why i cannot buy the sticks. Hehehe i'm such a little trouble maker.

Went to the chemist right next door and asked for the sticks, the girl went off and asked the pharmacist and i thought here we go. He asked me if i was diabetic and urgently needed them to which i relied no. He then appologised and explained he only had one lot left and he had put these by for a lady who needed them for her DOG, i think her dog is probably diabetic and not on the Atkins diet Anyway he told me he was expecting a delivery tomorrow morning would i mind coming back then, i am still totally amazed with the attitude of Boots who do they think they are the stick police?