View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Neener:
I have the same phenomena. I went to Boston Chicken and my FAVORITE thing was the cornbread muffin. I've given up trying to make the Mexican girls understand that I don't want the muffin with my meal (not that I am tempted to eat it but that I feel wasteful throwing it away) so I just let them put it on my plate. This time I decided to take a *pinch* of it and either they have changed the recipe to make it the most foul tasting thing on this planet or I have lost my taste for it

Last month, I would go to our favorite chinese restaurant and think *I'm full but it wasn't satisfying* because I know I didn't have any sugar or starches. Now I go there and WOW, it is great and I'm fine with it.

I tell those starting on Atkins that first you will physically lose your desire and taste for sweets and bready carbs and then you have to stick with it because mentally the habits will take another 2 weeks to fall in line with it too Just feeling in control of my meals makes me confident that I will eventually lose all the weight I want and be able to keep it there. Even when I'm not in ketosis I'm in control - what a change!!!