View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 09:59

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%

T.G.I.F. - Hi Gawdess

Good luck both with your visit and Atkin's. I am low-carbing but with Schwarzbein - I tried Atkins for two weeks and felt deadful. Schwarzbein isn't a quick weight loss program, more about balancing carbs-protein-fats and non-starchy veggies. I have to admit this WOE seems to agree with me. I have lots of pep/energy and plenty of variety in the food I can eat. I just have to watch "portion control" with some foods and learn to resist sweet treats, which I still allow myself on occasion.

I am going "back home" for a wedding in August. I could never figure out that if I was looking forward to spending time with my family, why was my stomach in knots and why did I need to take medication for headaches. Now that I have some of this "residual garbage" figured out, I am actually looking forward to going home and being with (some) members of my family for a few days. However I set limits with some members, especially my mom, who would like to have me at her beck and call 24-7, and while she isn't thrilled with the idea, but I am OK with that. I am finally realizing I am important too and I need to do what is right for me, rather than giving in and doing what is right for everybody else and allowing myself to get so stressed out I end up with a migraine.

Wishing you a GREAT day!