View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I'm so glad to see this thread! I was also a little bummed that there isn't more activity in the maintenance thread.

I was wondering if part of the reason why maintainers don't post so much is that maintenance is so much more flexible. Because in the early stages, if you have a question, more often than not there is one correct answer. (or at least, a few fairly well-established answers.) But at this point things are so much more open-ended. Is X food okay? How many carbs should I eat? In maintenance it's totally up to the individual. Frederick is still losing weight at carb levels that would be outrageously high for me. While on the other hand, I bet there are people out there maintaining at near-induction levels.

Anyway, I hope we see a little more activity here, it would be really nice to chat with other maintainers about the different issues & concerns of maintenance vs. weight loss.

By the way I am under my goal but starting to think I set my goal too high. Not trying to lose weight through diet anymore, but hoping to become more fit and lose another dress size or so through exercise.