#12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 00:14

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalizbet
Zonecoach, thought I'd jump back on here to report that I have been reading through your old posts and saw the details on the drop one add one approach. Also was reminded of what I'd forgotten about the arachidonic acid in the egg yolks.

I'm glad you brought this up because it was something I was going to mention. After looking at your journal, here are some things that stand out somewhat. Don't get me wrong; it's looking pretty darn good, but you're at that sticky point (just a few more stubborn lbs.) where you want a little kickstart. You mentioned earlier your clothes are fitting better. That's a great sign and and vivid reminder it's not all about the scale.

Here are my few suggestions. Cut back on the fruit, especially after noon-3pm. Replace with low glycemic veggies and perhaps a small amount of higher ones like beans, legumes, sweet potato. Replace those egg yolks with whites and the fat (from the yolks) with olive oil. The midday snack is important. Have a 1/2 of a bar if you need something quick. Just don't skip it. How long inbetween meals and snacks? Are you eating within 1 hour of waking & before going to bed? Are you getting at least 64-75 ounces of water per day? Lastly, a reminder about fat (oh, btw, walnuts are not on the favorable list). A fat block is a full 3 grams. It is assumed your LEAN protein source has 1.5 grams per block. HOWEVER, you're eating alot of NON-FAT protein. Depending on which guide you're following, a fat block might be listed as 1.5 or 3 (I know ~ confusing). So, if you're eating a NON-FAT protein, make sure you add 3 grams of fat per block.

I hope this makes sense.

Oh, what is your exercise level at? Are you certain you should be on 11 blocks?