View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/193/140 Female 5ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi I have a 7yr old daughter who would eat junk food morning, noon and night if allowed. We have always tried to keep an eye on what she eats but, to be honest, we were not strict enough. At the moment she is ok weight wise, poss could do with losing 5-6 Ibs but I was very overweight as a child and was bullied because of it. I do not want the same thing to happen to her so the buck stops with us! Trying hard to explain to her that she needs to eat healthily without mentioning the "fat" word. Isn't it crazy how sensitive even very young children are about their weight! My husband and I are both lowcarbing and she see's us eating healthily, no more fast food and, it is beginning to rub off on her. Obviously due to her age she still needs her bread and pasta etc but she is gradually cutting down on the sugar as I won't have it in the house anymore. Like other replies, I give her a choice of 2 or 3 things (not what she wants) and make sure all options are healthy. We have had many screaming matches and tantrums but I am determined she will not suffer as I did. Good luck, I know it is not easy!!