View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 13:28

Plan: Induction
Stats: 265/245/170 Male 69
BF:
Progress:
Default Greetings and Salutations

Hey everyone, my name is Josh, I'm 25 years old, and got out of the military a few years ago because of a parachuting accident that I had. I gained serious weight since then, and my back has been extremely sore, in part because of the weight I have gained, and part because of the surgeries that I have had. My finace and I have friends who started the Atkins diet and they started looking great. I was very impressed with how they were looking. Well, I decided that I was going to give it a try because I was unhappy with the way that I looked and felt. Always sluggish, and I was alway so embarrassed to atke my shirt off at the pool. She decided to try it with me. We bought the Atkins book, ,a bathroom scale, a notebook and a tape measure. I started this diet 2 weeks ago wednesday. I decided to bring my mountain bike down and start riding at her house (in WV). I started out at 265 pounds which is the heaviest that I have been in my life. So far, 2 weeks later, I have lost 3 inches from my waist, 20 pounds, I have energy that I haven't had since I was a teenager. Now I can wear out my 6 year old (soon to be) step daughter and she doesn't wear me out. I have became a morning person again, ,and I love it. Unfortunatly, my fiance still has her cravings for sweets and junk food, but she has been really good about it - bless her heart. I would have never thought that there were THIS many people on low carb diets.

So to introduce myself, I'm a 25 year old computer engineer who loves to build and race domestic sports compact cars, like Grand Am's, Sunfires, Caveliers, (hmmm can we say that I am a GM fan?) I'm a mechanic as well as an autobody repair man. I have fallen in love with biking all over again, I like fishing, swimming, walking, and spending time with my family. I have browsed the forum a little bit and saw some of the recipies on here and I am really excited to try them out. I would have had my login name TheWhiteKnight.. BUT it wouldn't fit. lol. If any of you post with me, you'll all find out later on why I am called that

BTW, moderators / webmasters, is this VB bulletin hat you are using as a forum?
Sponsored Links