View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 10:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

Drswife5,

Thanks, I know you are right. My derm is a good doctor, but she is limted in what she can prescribe.
My gyn is the one who really let me down He did the wrong blood work when I first went to him with my hair loss. The hair loss that started shortly after he prescribed femhrt (a low-dose HRT). I went to him for NATURAL hormones and he talked me into femhrt. I started losing my hair and my sex drive and he never correlated this with femhrt. Of course, at the time neither did I, but I pay him big$$$ to know these things.
He recommended an endo for my hair loss. The endo he sent me to, the receptionist didn't even know if they dealt with hair loss...NEXT!!!! The endo I finally go to and and she only does non-female hormones. Hormones are hormones??? Although the endo's tests came back "normal", [well, I read on the low end of "normal", we'll see], I'm gonna have my derm AND my NEW gyn look at the results, too. Also, my new derm has a reproductive endo on staff, and, although they are usually for fertility, at least he is there for help if needed.

And then, I go into TE shedding from Atkins. Someone on the hair loss talk forum sent me to this forum, thank God. At least I know others lose their hair from Atkins and it will come back.

I see the new gyn August 5th, . I know this woman prescribes natural hormones, I'm already weaning myself, every other day, off the femhrt. I've read Dr. Lee's book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause:
The breakthrough book on natural progesterone. I'm convinced I've had estrogen dominance for about twenty years, and I was never on BCP.

When did it happen that the patient has to do the research to tell the doctor what's up??? Sorry for venting...

Oh, well, hope springs eternal
Wish me k=luck on the latest doc...