View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 09:51

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I am 56, always have had large breasts and when I lose weight, they are bigger proportionately than when I am heavier. My breasts have changed a lot with the years. They are much "softer" then when I was younger. This is normal. The amount of sag in the breasts depends on a lot of factors.

What exercise can do for breasts and abdomens varies with individuals. You really need to wait until you are close to goal (and you should exercise while you are losing) and then evaluate your position.

I personally am planning on a breast reduction. As I am getting older I am having problems that I did not have when I was younger. All bras (and I have tried every style imaginable) bother me to some degree, many significantly. This is a new thing the past few years. Also I am getting the ridges on my shoulders--another new thing.

I have fat my my tummy and midriff and I would like to go for liposuction rather than a tummy tuck. I would only do a tummy tuck if there was a lot of excess, droopy skin. A tummy tuck is major and recovery takes a while. I have had liposuction on my hips and the recovery was easy. I am not sure about a breast reduction.

My insurance should pay for the breast reduction. I am going to ask the surgeon if he can do the lipo at the same time to save me the cost of the hospital. I would just need to pay him the extra for the lipo.