View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 09:36

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

I had my gallbladder removed by laparoscopic suggery about 8 years ago.

I was given back a single large stone the size of a small plum!

The prime candidates for gall bladder problems was summed up by my doctor as: the four "F"s

Fair, Fat. Forty, and Female. Three out of four was enough but it explains why more women will reply to this thread than men.

I have to say that I do not believe that there is a link between no gall bladder and subsequent slowness in losing weight. It is not true for me at any rate. I have been LCing for 18 months now and have lost 40lbs. The progress has been up and down, stalls and and plateaus, as experienced by everyone. Anyone reading my journal will see that I found a much stronger link with Alcohol, Exercise, and not sticking by the program.

Men are generally thought to fair better with weight loss but that effect seems to diminish with age.

It may be better to examine and follow up other avenues or ideas in working through a stall. If you put it down to not having a gallbladder there is nothing you can do about that and that may prompt a do nothing approach. It you investigate the 101 other things it might be, at least you are doing something.

It may be that little something that that works. On the other hand it could be, a variation of insulin resistance, metabolism, or genetic predisposition. Again nothing you can do except sit it out stay, with the program, its the only show in town.