#4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 04:44
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%
Default exercise may be the key

What Jenny said. I gained a lot on my boobs and stomach, and I too was terrified that I would end up with empty potato sacks for tits. But so far I've tightened up instead.

I exercise 6 days a week. Weights 3 days, pretty intense workout with a bit of cardio after (here's the gym log http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...stpost&t=125856), and on the other 3 days just cardio. When I reach goal weight I'll probably cut out the cardio on the weights days, but right now I'm just speeding things along.

I would add that if you have big boobs and you exercise, a proper sports bra is very important, especially as you lose weight--things can get bouncy very fast as you shrink out of old bras! If you bounce around a lot during exercise, though, the ligaments holding your breasts up will stretch...and from what I have read, once they are totally stretched out there is no way of lifting the breasts short of surgery.

As for the belly, I am terrifically pleased that mine isn't sagging. Wasn't sure what would happen with that, but things seem to be getting tighter all over. I'm losing about a pound a week, which is a bit slow, but I think it's giving my skin a chance to catch up.

Now if I could get the fat under my arms to go away....

Emily