#56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 13:24
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Do I chop 2 cups of "whole" nuts or measure "2 cups" of "ground nuts"?
You use whole nuts then roast them. After roasting they are chopped. The instructions are in the method.
Quote:
If you are using raw Brazil nuts, spread them on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes until they are lightly golden. If using roasted macadamia nuts, omit the roasting. Let cool. While the nuts are toasting, melt the butter. Transfer the nuts to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine. Pat evenly into the bottom of the springform pan. Place in the fridge.
If you're not used to cooking and following recipes, the best way to learn is by reading a recipe several times so you'll know what to do and exactly what you need. It's awful when you start cooking from a recipe and then find out that something had to be prepared in advance or you don't have a certain ingredient. Learning to cook is like learning anything else.
Quote:
Does the granular Splenda measure the same as packet Splenda?
The splenda packets are more potent than the granular. Here's a link that explains how to measure:

Measuring sweeteners, granular type vs. paper packets

This recipe uses Canadian Sugar Twin. If you don't have access to it, increase the Splenda to 1 cup and use it in place of the brown Sugar Twin in the crust as well.

Quote:
Oh, is lemon juice concentrate ok?
Nope! Not in my books. Use only fresh lemon juice.

Another thing to note is that the recipe uses 2 1/2 lbs. of cream cheese. Some people make the mistake of using 2 1/2 packages which is only 1 1/4 lbs. if they are 8 oz. packages.

I'm sure your cheesecake will turn out fabulously!

Karen