View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 11:39

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

I've decided to dedicate the next two weeks (starting tomorrow, already had some at breakfast) to staying away from sugar alcohols and not going over 3g of splenda a day. (do I need to count liquid splenda, too, like in shakes/soda?) I don't really drink much diet soda, but I do like tea with splenda and my atkins shakes really get me though my tedious afternoons at work. I will try to wean off of the taste, otherwise. Except I've been promising my sis I'd make the choc cheesecake as soon as I can find plain gelatin. Well anyway, no sugar alcohols and limited splenda, and trying to keep closer track of my water intake and make sure that I get 100 oz a day.

I have noticed that I'm starting to prefer less sweet things. I can't drink much diet soda, I never finish the can. I enjoy heavy cream plain, and am starting to like mineral water like perrier, which I hated before.

Thanks Angela...I will take your suggestion and give up the SA and keep splenda to a minimum, no more than 3 packets/day. At least for the next two weeks, just to see what happens.