View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 09:51

Plan: zone
Stats: 197/195.5/164 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 5%
Question Another Q for Zonecoach

Thanks for the info. So I can do it either way, I guess. Here is one thing I am not sure of though....What is considered "lean protein" I ask b/c I only eat soy products as my protien source, and a little cheese. I am eating soy at every meal. I am a lacto-vegetarian. I actually can not eat cottage chhese or drink milk either. So that leaves me with Soy, cheese, and m/b yogurt. Since this is mya huge part of my diet, and you say they are combination foods, I really want to make sure I am counting whatever should be counted.... Here are some examples of some of my soy products and their mini-block counts...
1. One Morningstar veggie sausage 1 fat / 0 carb / 1.4 protein Would I count the fat?

2. " " Veggie bacon strips 1.5 fat / 0 carb / .3 protein Would this even be considered a protein? or would it be a fat?

3. " " Veggie Buffalo wings 3 fat/ 2 carbs / 1.7 protein See my confusion? I think this should have staryed in the grocery store m/b (maybe).

4." " Garden Veggie Patty .8 fat / 1 carb / 1.4 protein So it is a protein, but do I count the carb or fat?

5. Tofu with 1.5 or 3 fat and 1 protein would be counted as both fat and protein I presume?

I hope this isn't too much for you. I am just a little overwealmed with trying to create equal nutrients at each meal.
Another thing....Really, with peanut butter...you don't count the protein???
Thanks so much for your help. I have heard of some people joining Ediets to get help with the Zone. DO you know anything about it? I wonder if it would help a lot with meal planning. Thanks again, and sorry for so much. As you can see I am boggled