View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 06:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 307.3/293.0/185 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well I am fortunate not to have kids right now. But in regards to my hubby. he offers me stuff and I jsut say no. And when I refused he use to pout. That took a long time to be able to do.

But one way to get away from the food is my husband prepares his own meals and that is it. We eat together but he does his own meals. Then that is enough.

I also developed other snacks as in pepperoni, salami, ham and turkey. But pepperoni and salami are like eating potatoe chips and chocolate bars to me. I love eating them. Other things i will add after the induction phase is over will be banna peppers, olives, and pickles.

But really broke me of it is detoxing and fasting. The hardest thing to do is fast when someone else is eating infront of you. So during different times of detoxicing (did for 9 months) I told my husband hide your snacks so I can't find them. Cause if it is not in the house back then I would not go out and buy it.

It just takes time. The biggest thing is if you cheat forgive yourself. The more you carry that struggle of not cheating with you the harder it will be. Same with the guilt of cheating it will be hard.

On atkins their was a lady with a temptation issues. What she would do is entertain the thought of having some later. Then when later came she would say again not right now maybe later. But she honestly meant she might have some later. But it was enough to pacify her mind and cravings.

Lastly it took me time to realize what I really wanted. Did I want to eat and be this weight or did I want to embrace another type of body. The more I revelled in having the body I wanted the more the struggle wasn't there. Also the more I was open to hearing the answers from my own body as to what it trully needed inorder to loose weight. There where reasons why I hung onto my weight psychology wise. Now there really isn't a reason.

Good luck to you,

Sacred