View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 05:25
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I agree that my ideas have more protein in them than the recommended 10% so they're technically not the Atkins fat fast. When I did it I was concerned about muscle loss because I continued to exercise and generally ended up with 10-25% protein for the day. I may have gone 15% over but still had incredible results...the tastiness of the meals made it more bearable too, though one could argue that the point of the fat fast is not "good eating" but fat loss, there are factors in life which can make it hard to stick to a diet that you don't enjoy in any way. You can stick to the 10% protein rule by fiddling with ratios of ingredients in the recipes (obviously), and just use less of the protein part, and more of the fat. Sausages seem to have a good ratio of pro to fat. I'm not saying not to stick with the 10% or less though!! Just what worked for me.

Um, when you start getting up to 1600 calories you've left the "drastic measures" section of dieting. There were days in my fast where I hit it, because I stayed up too late and got a severe case of the munchies and if you're exercising a lot maybe it wouldn't hurt... but it kind of defeats the purpose. If you're eating a LOT of calories now you night might still lose fat but it won't be a fat fast. Aim for 1000-1200, if you hit 1400 one or two days in a week it's not going to kill the results. When you've finished the fast SLOWLY up the calories.. like, I don't know how many you're eating now, but if you're averaging 1100 on the fast, over a period of a week bring it up to 1600... and then use your judgement from there. Some people find 1500-1800 is their limit, others well over 2000. I have to keep it lower to lose.

Mm another idea, cream cheese stuff. I am staying away from any significant amount of dairy and aspartame this time, but there are so many things you can do with cream cheese! (cheesecakes, shakes with ice and splenda...etc)

take care,
Meg