View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 22:16

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Talking cinnamon breakfast cake!

Hi all! I can't take credit for this one, I yanked it off Suzanne's Somersizing board. Someone modified it from cookies apparently!

I made this last Saturday and I thought, "mmm! tastes like cinnamon pumpkin cake!" My husband took a bite and actually said the same thing I had just been thinking. Maybe it was the added flavor of the vanilla praline protein powder, I dunno, but it was good!
It's very filling because of all the fat & protein. It really looks and tastes like a cake too. Not a birthday cake, more like a spice cake. I honestly can't believe what one can do with a little imagination & a can of protein powder!

I ate a piece right outta the fridge and it reminded me of gingerbread cookies/cake, so I made it again tonight with a variation: 1/2 cup butter (instead of 1 cup), 1/2 cup pumpkin (I used a little more), and 2 tsp ginger. It's also very tasty but more moist and pudding-like.You can still pick it up like cake when it's cool, it's just less springy than before.

Cinnamon Breakfast Cake

1 cup butter (I used unsalted and a sprinkle of salt)
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup Splenda (I used a mix of sweeteners, therefore less than a cup)
3 eggs
1 cup protein powder (I used vanilla praline Designer whey)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Cream the butter, cream cheese and Splenda. Add eggs one at a time. Add half of the protein powder and the remaining ingredients. Add the rest of the protein powder. Bake in at 350' for 20-25 minutes.
Sponsored Links