View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 21:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303/287/190 Female 5'5.5"(65.5")(166.5 cm)
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi again,
I started induction in mid-June, lost 3 lbs, then fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks and started over on July 3rd. By the way, I just now changed my stats to what I weighed in June of this year--I did originally have 240 lbs as starting weight but that was a year ago, when I lost 11 lbs which I kept off all year. I was never motivated or committed to eating LC until last month, when I started induction. So I have lost 17 lbs since mid-June--but I gained two back yesterday.
I tried adding berries yesterday; I had frozen blueberries and ate a 1/4 cup, which is about 4 carbs, I think. Then I had another 1/4 cup...then another...then I lost count and probably ate 3-4 cups if not more (I have about 13 lbs of them in my freezer). I am a sugar addict, and those blueberries did me in! I weigh two pounds more today but am back on track! I know I need to stay on induction for a long time, and I'm not using any artificial sweeteners--I want to rid my body of cravings for sweet things and I don't think I can if I eat things that taste sweet even if they have no carbs!
I know what you mean about getting discouraged--I want to keep losing at the same rate but I know weight loss slows down after the first few weeks. I'm impatient but I have to remember what I read somewhere here, that time will pass regardless and it's better to eat low-carb and lose even a little than give up and stay the same or even gain! I have been encouraged beyond measure by seeing peoples before and after pictures, and just looking at everyone's stats!
Well, this is getting too long, and I told myself I wouldn't stay up past midnight again; I discovered this site two days ago and can't tear myself loose!
Talk to you soon,
persimmon