View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 13:35
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I have read your post and I can see you only need to loose 70 lbs 5 stone of weight!
I had to loose 189lbs 13 stone 5lbs!! I had a gastric bypass done in July 2000. I have never im my life felt pain like it!!! (dont het me wrong if I had to I would do it again!!) I had to have it done it was a case of do or die. I know 5 stone may sound a lot to you to loose but dont look at it like that take it at 7lbs a time and before you know it you will be more than half way there. Surgery can help but believe me it aint a miracle cure you still have to diet, and if it does get you to your goal weight, and you eat the wrong things you can and will out weright on as I later found out myself. 1 shot from 14 stone 7lbs to 17stone 10lbs in months I am nearly back to that weight but that was by hard work and determination. Please give yourself a chance if you can do it without the surgery do it, because 3 years on I am still suffering side effect from my op! If you had more to loose I would say go ahead do it!! But you dont have that much to loose compared to the people who really need the surgery!!