#17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:58
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking Good point.

I've been venting a bit in the "War Zone" about pretty much the same thing. People are still wanting to "have their cake and eat it too" while the pounds magically disappear.

I was a victim of the "magic pill" mentality until I hit nearly 300 lbs. I still struggle, but try not to set myself up for failure by trying to rationalize lapses from my eating plan. If I want those French fries worse than I want to be healthy and lose weight, I guess I eat the fries and go on with life. I realize giving in to a craving will make it hard for me not to binge, but I make that choice when I put something high-carb in my mouth. It's taken me a long time, though ,to stop beating myself up over it.

I think planning a cheat is the worst kind of setting onesself up for failure, but to each their own. I've been reading up on the CAD, where you're allowed to have high-carb foods n your "reward meal", and while it sounds good, I guess switching plans just wouldn't make sense to me when I'm commited to the Atkins WOE.