View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 12:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/155/160 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default Saying howdy and have a few ?s

First off howdy - This forum has been a great source of answers and information to me.

I think I made my first oops today during induction. For lunch I usually grab a premade caeser salad and then add my own dressing back at the office. For some reason they were out of the salads so I headed on over to the precooked section.

Looked around and noticed Salmon, good stuff right? hmm. Took it back to the office and ate a few bites before I realized there was a glaze over the top. Rubbed my fork over it and licked it and it tasted far too sweet. There was no label really that proved info so I had to ditch it. Figured that was already too many carbs for one day so I went to old faithful - jerky. I picked the only frigging pack of jerky in the world with carbs. I ate 3 pieces and noticed right away it was too sweet (ever notice how accute your taste becomes torwards sugar when you deprive your body of it!?). I look at the label and sure enough it has 6 grams of carbs!!!!??? So I figured I got at least 2 grams off that jerky, not to mention whatever was on top of that salmon. Bummer - I'll use the stix again tomorrow morning and hope I'm still going strong.

So far I've quit diet soda cold turkey from close to 100 ounces of Diet Pepsi and Coke a day. I've also quit coffee. I still have 1 glass of Iced tea in the morning with a non-aspertame sweetner) and sometimes in the afternoon if I'm feeling very sluggish.

I'm feeling tired at random intervals. Yesterday I couldn't hold my eyes open after I got home from work, but the day before I couldn't sleep. When the tiredness hits though it's like a train and it's all I can do to keep going.

I'm using the ketostix - I'm on my 2nd week of induction and the thing was off the chart it was so purple. I did some research and it seems that I'm not getting enough water. I'm now going after the watercooler almost every 1/2 hour. I hear I can hurt my kidney's if I don't get enough??

My current diet is pretty dull, but I seem to like it still. If I get tired of it I'll have to hit the recipe section.

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette with 4 thin slices of pepperjack or cheddar (what's the deal with too much cheese, I keep hearing you have to have it in moderation - Am I getting too much?), grilled chicken in the middle, hot spices and a dab of sour cream

Lunch - Ceasar Salad (no croutons) with dressing.

Dinner - Grilled Chicken or Hamburger meat with spices.

Any reccomendations or warnings?

I don't actually own a scale, I suppose I should pick one of those up tonight as well to monitor progress - I have no idea if I've even lost any weight yet

Thanks again!
~Bill
Sponsored Links