View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 05:24
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Good morning, skewee--yes, I've added some carbs, but very carefully. First thing I added was more veggies, and they've all been fine. I'm wary of some fruits, as they do start the cravings again--especially tomatoes and grapes. (Grapes were my downfall in my pre-LC days, so for me they're like flirting with the devil). So I limit fruits to berries. I've found I can have small amounts of oatmeal--steel cut oats, the slow cooking kind--and bran crackers without having a sugar reaction. I'm also eating small amounts of some nuts, like walnuts and macademias, and even a little organic peanut butter, and that's fine. Every now and then I'll have a slice of wheat-free, low carb bread, but that's an iffier proposition, as I do tend to want to eat the whole loaf at one sitting.

I guess my advice to you would be to add things back one by one and wait awhile until adding anything else--to see what you can handle (like your experiment with the Kashi). Also, to add these items in very small quantities.