View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 20:04

Plan: TKD
Stats: 223/207.8/200 Male 6'4
BF:19?/16?/10%
Progress: 66%
Default Just started TKD, a few questions

I just started the TKD diet last week. This is my first try at a low carb diet, and so far its gone pretty well, i've already lost 7 or 8 pounds. My goal is just to get a little leaner and get down to about 205. After I reach my fat loss goals I am going to try to move to a little less extreme diet.

I got in to ketosis in about 48 hours as measured by the ketostix that I purchased. I then began carbing up before my workout... 15g the first couple times, 30g the next few, then 45g, then 50g today. And I'm still in ketosis right after the workout. I thought for sure after having all those smarties, when I got home the ketostix would stay brown, but they turned a nice dark purple... darker then it had been in a few days.

I lift fairly intensely... after starting my workout with a lot of energy, about 2/3 way through my performance went way down and I sort of crashed (my workout has shifted to a little higher reps/lower weights since I am in a cutting phase). Should I increase the carbs even a little more now so I can get through my workouts?

Also, since so far I seem to have an easy time getting in to and staying in ketosis... is it ok to moderately increase my carbs from 20g to 30g a day?
Sponsored Links