View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:58

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I think it boils down to people having very different approaches to the very same LC WOE. Some people feel the need for the very strictly defined "rules" and feel uncomfortbale with any deviation from those rules. (My husband is like this, and since he is a computer geek, I tease him that he's very binary in nature. He's on/off, red light/green light, B&W, etc. ) Others of us would go bonkers if we had to live by a set of rules 24/7 with no freedom to bend those rules without guilt. That's where I fall in the scheme of things. <g>

For me, the whole concept of "cheating" doesn't really exist. I either choose to eat strictly "on plan" one day, or I choose to eat something that I know is higher in carbs, accepting fully the consequences of my choice. I know myself well enough to know that in the next 40-50 years that I hope (intend <g>) to be on this Earth, I will *not* be willing to swear never to eat a bite of pie, or a cookie, or an Ethel M choccie ever ever again. So, I choose foods I know are best for my health 98% of the time, and I feel perfectly comfortable with the thought that I sometimes choose foods that *aren't* best for my health the other 2% of the time. It isn't "cheating" because I don't see this as a game or a test -- it's simply my life, and no one is grading me on it. (Well, all philosophical and religious issues aside... <g>)

I think the problems sometimes arise when the "binary" folk and the "free-wheelin'" folk forget that neither approach is the "right" one. Most of us do accept others' right to live this LC life as they see fit, but once in a while, defensiveness creeps in. Well, that's to be expected when you have so many people gathering in one forum, eh? I usually just back away and find a different thread to visit. <g>

Best to you all!
Lene'

Lene'