Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/143/98 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Default Atkins low carb snacks ??

Hi All
I have been away from the forum for awhile - I have been helping with a friend who had a heart attack and it requires me to drive out of town a few times a week - And my friends do not eat low carb - they eat healthy food but not low carb. So I have definetely been yoyoing on the diet - this week I am trying to do the induction again. But one thing that helped me to not go totally off the wagon during this period was the Atkins snacks and shakes. Sometimes I would just have to grab something quick and was craving something sweet and these really satisfied that craving!
I never reached my goal weight loss because I have been doing this commuting back and forth for over three months now. I still need to lose a good 25 pounds - I am hoping doing the induction again will get me back in ketosis - and I can get on with losing the rest of this weight.
I was hoping to get some info on the Atkins low carb snacks.
I am asuming that since it is an Atkins product that it is true to it's claim of being low carb? The snacks I am referring to are the Atkins Endulge Wafer Crisp snacks that state it has 4g effective carbs - the Morning Start that states 2g effective carbs - the Atkins shakes that claim 1g effective carb. I know that you can't use these on induction but afterwards I am hoping these won't cause any problems. I have just sort of maintained my weight these last couple of months - I would go up a couple pounds and then down a couple - Today I weighed in a pound heavier than I did 3 months ago.
I am really hoping that these snacks truly are low carb for I am a sweet ahololic and these snacks really statisfy you when you get that urge.
Does anyone have any info on these products?
Thanks Sharon
Sponsored Links